Mr Vara Mukundala is a specialist orthopaedic surgeon offering hip, knee and shoulder surgery.
After obtaining his MBBS, he qualified as an Orthopaedic Surgeon in 1996. Soon after he was awarded the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and Glasgow. Mr Mukundala also completed his fellowship training overseas in Hip and Knee Joint Replacements (Primary and Revision). In 2006 he moved to Australia where he was awarded the Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons in Orthopaedic Surgery. Recently he attended further training in the U.S, Germany, the U.K. and Sydney in Hip arthroscopic procedures.
Since moving to Perth, Mr Mukundala has established his Orthopaedic practice with rooms at both Joondalup Health Campus and the Wexford, Medical Centre in Murdoch.
- Joint replacement surgery of the hip, knee and shoulder
- Arthroscopic surgery of the knee and shoulder
- Rotator cuff repairs, instability and impingement of shoulder
- ACL reconstruction and meniscal tears of the knee
- Sports injuries
- MBBS 1991
- MS Ortho 1996
- FRCS (GLASG) 1998
- FRCS (EDIN) 1998
- FRACS (ORTHO) 2009
Public and Privately insured patients
Mr Mukundala is able to care for both public and privately insured patients, DVA Card holders, Workers Compensation Claim patients and MVIT patients.
Public patients are booked for surgery at Joondalup Health Campus while privately insured, DVA, W/C, and MVIT patients have the choice of having their surgery done at Joondalup Private Hospital, SJOG Hospital Mt Lawley or SJOG Hospital Murdoch.
Fellowship and Other awards
- Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons since 2009
- Recipient of Service of Excellence certificate for the year 2004 from University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Fellow of Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society since 2003
- Fellowship in Arthroplasty (Hip and Knee) in Wilson Hospital and Rehabilitation Center, under the supervision of Prof.Kim .I.K , Yeosu, South Korea in 2002
- Fellow of Academy of Medicine Malaysia since 2001
- 18th AOA Junior travelling fellow representing Malaysian Orthopedic Association in Sept-Oct 2000
- Fellow of Malaysian Orthopedic Association since 1999
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow since 1998
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh since 1998